Android Users are getting one of the biggest WhatsApp Security Feature, Let’s Find Out How it works
After Seven Months of rolling out this feature for iPhone Users, WhatsApp Has decided to roll out the fingerprint lock feature for Android users as well. As of now, WhatsApp has decided to roll out this feature only for beta users of WhatsApp, and afterwards and will be soon in reach of all the users. By using this WhatsApp Security Feature Android Users will be able to add a layer of biometrics Authentication to Access their WhatsApp.
Wants to be a WhatsApp beta user, you will first have to follow these steps:
- Search WhatsApp in Search Bar
- Scroll down to locate “Become a beta tester” panel.
- Tap “I’m in”
- Confirm by tapping on “join”
The biometrics Authentication feature has been spotted on the WhatsApp version 2.19.222. If you want to enable the same on your android smartphone, then follow these following steps:
1.Open WhatsApp Messenger
2. Click on the three dots icon on the top right corner
3. Click on Settings
4. Click on Account
5. Click on Privacy
6. Scroll down to ‘Fingerprint lock’ and click on it.
7. Toggle on ‘Unlocked with fingerprint’
8. Once you do, it will ask you to ‘confirm your fingerprint’
9. Select when you want to enable the fingerprint lock – immediately, After 1 minute or after 30 minutes.
As I mentioned before, this feature is already available for iOS users as ‘Screen Lock’. The WhatsApp has first rolled out this for iOS beta users in February this year. iPhone users can use Touch ID or Face ID to unlock their WhatsApp. Now Android beta users are also able to use only fingerprints to open WhatsApp as of now.
Recently WhatsApp reported that WhatsApp users will soon get Instagram’s popular feature Boomerang. This feature allows you to create a small video, about a second or so long that keeps playing in loops. It is reported to be available in the Video type panel for videos that re less than 7 seconds long.